1753 Companions
24 Accompanied
lono

What I am reading

the weird and highly subjective way I see it

Moby-Dick in Pictures: One Drawing for Every Page
Matt Kish
Progress: 70/600 pages
The Autobiography of a Brown Buffalo
Oscar Zeta Acosta, Manuel Acosta Sero, Hunter S. Thompson
Progress: 105/204 pages
Gulliver's Travels
Jonathan Swift, Robert DeMaria Jr.
Progress: 29/306 pages
Fifty Egg Timer Short Stories
Richard Bunning

Da steh ich nun, ich armer Tor…

Doctor Faustus and Other Plays (Oxford World's Classics) (Parts I and II) - Christopher Marlowe, Eric Rasmussen, David M. Bevington

Out of Marlowes collected works I only read the play Doctor Faustus (for all of you, who are more familiar with Marlowe, I read the A text).

I actually liked the beginning and the ending, but overall the play itself just lacked something, at least in my opinion, and as a reader you are quite rushed through it. As ridiculous as it may seem to say, but the worst part of the whole play for me was the character of Faustus. He was weirdly indecisive and extremely inconsistent and unfortunately, Mephistopheles wasn’t able to come into his own throughout the whole play, so I guess those are the main problems I have had with this text.

To be fair, this play was probably written at some point towards the end of the 16th century, so it is understandable, that a great part of it consists of Faustus and Mephistopheles talking about the geocentric worldview and the movement of all those crazy spheres and so on, but come on...that is really the only thing you would ask, if Mephistopheles was to answer all of your questions?