1758 Companions
26 Accompanied
lono

What I am reading

the weird and highly subjective way I see it

Der Utopische Staat
Klaus Joachim Heinisch, Tommaso Campanella, Thomas More
Progress: 102/292 pages
Moby-Dick in Pictures: One Drawing for Every Page
Matt Kish
Progress: 400/570 pages
Fifty Egg Timer Short Stories
Richard Bunning

The newest addition to my bookshelf

Огненный ангел - Валерий Брюсов

It arrived today!!

I ordered this book some time ago and I've been waiting to get it for a pretty long while now, but today the postman finally rang my doorbell and handed it over to me. I am pretty sure he wasn't as excited as I was, but, honestly, who gives a damn?

So, what's it going to be then, eh?

This is going to be (and I am very much convinced about that) a little bit abstract, but still an amazing and sad lovestory. Although Wikipedia tells you some bullshit about that book describing the attempts of the protagonist to win the love of his beloved Renata while picturing an ocult world of sixteenth century Germany, I am going to tell you what the book is really about.

When Brysov first read out some parts of that book back in the 19th century Russia during some sort of literary dinner party, Andrej Belyi, another participant, stood up from his chair, cursed and bitched about Brysov for a while and left the house. Why? Well, because this book deals with a love-triangle between those two and the beautiful Nina Petrovskaja.

The Fiery Angel paints an abstract portrait of a fatal love that actually happened.