1764 Companions
30 Accompanied
lono

What I am reading

this is the highly subjective way I read and interpret literature

(the emphasis lies on literature, so you'll only find a couply of trashy readings here and there)

Nong’s Thai Kitchen
Alexandra Greeley, Nongkran Daks
Progress: 20/160 pages
Erwachen im 21. Jahrhundert
Jürg Halter
Progress: 78/227 pages
Fifty Egg Timer Short Stories
Richard Bunning

Indeed, what the hell did I just read?

What the Hell Did I Just Read - David Wong

David Wong is back for the third adventure in the John dies at the End series. Since I unexpectedly really loved the original #1 John dies at the End, I have kept reading all of Wong’s follow up books. But here’s the thing. None of the books have actually reached, let alone excelled his first novel. And I am sad to say that his books are continually getting a bit worse. :(

I mean, What the Hell did I just read was without doubt entertaining, but what I loved about John dies at the End #1 were the unexpected twists and turns ever few pages which were completely absent here. I also missed all those funny WTF moments and Molly. I missed Molly. A lot. She was the best.

I am afraid, dear Mr. Wong has the same problem as any writer whose first novel got super popular really fast. Any surprising success puts a lot of pressure on a person, because although the possibility of going up from that point is there, going down is much more likely.

This is unfortunately the weakest one of the John dies at the End novels, even the rubber asses and dildo battles didn’t help.