1754 Companions
26 Accompanied
lono

What I am reading

the weird and highly subjective way I see it

Moby-Dick in Pictures: One Drawing for Every Page
Matt Kish
Progress: 100/600 pages
The Revolt of the Cockroach People
Oscar Zeta Acosta, Marco Acosta, Hunter S. Thompson
Progress: 233/270 pages
Fifty Egg Timer Short Stories
Richard Bunning

„Don’t ask me to explain, I am no philosopher.“

The Autobiography of a Brown Buffalo - Oscar Zeta Acosta, Manuel Acosta Sero, Hunter S. Thompson

What do you expect from the autobiography of a man who called himself the Brown Buffalo? A man who ate the hottest hot sauce in the world for breakfast and chose A Whiter Shade of Pale as the theme song of his life? Regardless of what you might expect, you will be surprised, but not disappointed.

This is the most unapologetic account of one’s life I can imagine. Acosta is not afraid of giving honest descriptions of his childhood, his acid trips, his genitals, his fears, feelings, actions or anything else – because he didn’t give a shit about how other people perceived him. Neither his ulcers nor any amount of blood in his puke could stop him. As the true artist he believed himself to be, he took everything he could get his hands on and transformed it into art – even the contents of his stomach.

In his autobiography he takes you on a wild journey to the centre of his mind – quite literally beyond the seas of thought, beyond the realm of what, across the streams of hopes and dreams where things are really not. And for an attorney, Acosta really knew how to tell a story!

One can only imagine what this incredible Buffalo must have been like in real life, but if I were to picture him on his quest in discovering his own identity, I see a fierce, but peaceloving beast, stomping along his path with the Amboy Dukes singing in the background.

But please realise
You’ll probably be surprised
For it’s the land unknown to man
Where fantasy is fact
So if can, please understand
You might not come back.