1753 Companions
24 Accompanied
lono

What I am reading

the weird and highly subjective way I see it

Moby-Dick in Pictures: One Drawing for Every Page
Matt Kish
Progress: 70/600 pages
The Autobiography of a Brown Buffalo
Oscar Zeta Acosta, Manuel Acosta Sero, Hunter S. Thompson
Progress: 105/204 pages
Gulliver's Travels
Jonathan Swift, Robert DeMaria Jr.
Progress: 29/306 pages
Fifty Egg Timer Short Stories
Richard Bunning

Figure skating rocks!

My Sergei: A Love Story - Ekaterina Gordeeva, E.M. Swift

I don't know about you, but I enjoy watching figure skating. A lot! And for me the best pair in figure skating EVER were Ekaterina Gordeeva and Sergej Grinkov - they won everything there is to win at least once with such a grace and passion, it is just a pleasure to watch.

Gordeeva wrote this book after her hustband Sergej died in the 1990ies. She starts with memories of her childhood – when she first started to skate, when she met Sergej and it continues through their victory in two olympics and when they fall in love, get married etc. Their story is like a fairytale and when you read it, you just feel happy for them. Even in the end, you are left with a bit of hope.

The only downside of My Sergej was, that there was simply nothing negative in it - a whole relationship and marriage where two people spend more or less every waking hour together since they were kids and all of this without a quarrel or a fight - mehh.

But even if you're not interested in a real life fairy tale lovestory, it is interesting how the life of an olympic champion actually looks like (and what they consider as a normal day).